PDA

View Full Version : Probably a really dumb question...

GloryDaze
03-11-2012, 04:45 PM
How the heck do glory holes in adult bookstore booths get made? All the ones I've seen are chopped through the fairly thick wood as if someone where trying to tunnel out of a jail cell. Are these made by the shop owners to look like someone carved them out, or does someone really spend hours in there trying to quietly hack through with a pocket knife without attracting attention? Anyone know?

Reverb
03-12-2012, 07:51 AM
A good number of stores have sawed out holes, probably with power tools. I presume these are done either with owner approval/they don't care. A hacked out hole sounds like the way to get a splinter in the wrong place.....

bjbud4u
09-03-2019, 07:59 AM
I remember in the old days when I first discovered GHs in ABS arcades there were "peep holes" usually up higher (at eye level) in the video booths that were carved out with customers using their keys. Then at arcades where they had chairs or built-in benches the peep holes were made a little lower (again at eye level). Well, over time those lower ones got even a little lower and other customers picked up on the idea of using their keys to making the peepholes a little larger and . . . . voila! you got a GloryHole. Rather raggedy - yes - but maybe someone brought along some sandpaper or something b/c I really don't remember them being rough or splintery. Anyway - - that's my recollection of how grass roots G-holes came to be in ABS arcades and back then . . . in dept stores, bowling alleys, bus stations . . . . . etc.

freehed
09-03-2019, 09:30 PM
If you read your ancient history you will find reference to G/H going back many centuries, Japan used them, usually a long wall with holes in them (for the military), sometimes with women behind the wall, but often men! Nothing new here!

ExploreLA
09-04-2019, 07:43 PM
If you read your ancient history you will find reference to G/H going back many centuries, Japan used them, usually a long wall with holes in them (for the military), sometimes with women behind the wall, but often men! Nothing new here!
Any recommended sources? Be curious to read more.