PDA

View Full Version : New Members and no new posts

Rignes
11-03-2017, 11:55 AM
I can't help but notice there are constantly new members being listed at the bottom of the page but none of them post. So frustrating.

prgbp
11-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Yeah, it happens on these style forums. I used to run a bondage one with over 2000 members and it would go gangbusters in the beginning, but by the time I pulled the plug, a couple of posts a month.

bjbud4u
11-07-2017, 11:42 PM
lets not give up too soon. Sometimes a newby has to get a feel for the forum b4 they branch out and participate. They're not likely to if they feel they are being chastised. I think the more lively we try to keep it - the more attractive it is to newbys.

Rignes
11-08-2017, 10:11 AM
That's a good point. I lurked for a while before posting.

If anyone feels I've chastised them I apologize, that wasn't my intent. Feel free to post when you are comfortable and ready. :)

newheresothatsnice
11-18-2017, 08:09 AM
I'm guilty of being a bit quiet

bratboy82
11-27-2017, 09:42 PM
I used to enjoy this site very much. Seems to be about desd anymore. Used to get alot of good info from here. I'm sad.

newheresothatsnice
11-27-2017, 10:38 PM
I've been looking for advice, and not finding it. Yeah, Site seems dead...

bjbud4u
12-01-2017, 12:04 PM
I've been looking for advice, and not finding it. Yeah, Site seems dead...

In all fairness - newhere, Your questions have been very non-specific. And when I look thru the threads, my fellow members and I have tried our best to give you advice on your generic querries. As I have stated b4; I'd be happy to address any specific subject you have curiosity about. I'm sure others here are willing to do the same.

October2010
12-07-2017, 04:25 AM
The truth is, about all of these fetish forums, is that most everything has moved over to FetLife

user1oh
12-07-2017, 10:03 AM
more info about fetlife please......any experiences/results? reviews? recommendations?

Sonny
12-07-2017, 12:34 PM
more info about fetlife please......any experiences/results? reviews? recommendations?

Does it have specific sections or is it all jumbled?

prgbp
12-08-2017, 03:49 PM
The truth is, about all of these fetish forums, is that most everything has moved over to FetLife
I'm a member of Fetlife and I hate the place and the FB like posting threads.

prgbp
12-08-2017, 03:53 PM
I used to be a moderator on Bondage.com before it was made an Alt.com clone which is run by the friendfinder group of websites. Because of the change, I made a Fetlife profile and figured to move there eventually, but it's a super cliquish place where dissenters are savaged in the boards. I check in every now and then to make sure they keep my nickname there active since I'm known elsewhere by the same nickname. (Not this one) They have moderators there that have quite a bit of power and they like to abuse it.

calicdee
12-15-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm one of the guilty ones. To be fair though when I joined I went through the posts rather quickly. There wasn't that much current, so I got the info I needed and checked back a few times.

I'd love to see the site more active and fun. But it might need a refresh to make that happen. Plus GH and ABS have dwindled a lot haven't they? Swinger/Lifestyle events and fetish parties seem to own the scene.

Never been to a GH but been fascinated by them. More posts. Updates on them. Reviews. Pics. Community bak and forth. How? I guess that would be the question.

bjbud4u
12-15-2017, 06:16 PM
In my opinion . . . the least attractive feature of this site is that a lot of the content is ancient and outta date. Another problem is that the social network has so many options that it may spread the potential users pretty thin - - Although this site is pretty taste-specific. I wonder if a lot of the older content was archived and the regular available stuff appeared to be "fresher" it might attract more activity. . . ? ? ? I know - when I was new . . I was kinda impressed that there was so much content regarding my fav fetish activity . . until . . I realized how outta date much of it was. That may turn some newbies away. Hey - - I really want to see this site flourish. I L O V E seeing and reading new posts.

piggybank480
12-17-2017, 09:43 PM
hello from mn