View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 12:28 AM

Default As far as HIV, risk is virtually zero

I have done a fair amount of research on the subject of HIV over the years, and have looked at the latest research over time. Back in 1992, at the height of the crisis, I both had a job that involved AIDS public education, and my own brother died from complications of AIDS. So believe me, I may not be a bona fide expert, but I know a thing or two more than the average guy in the street. Last I checked about a year ago, a recent conference had a panel discussion including many of the top researchers in the field, and even in 2016 there is not one single definite documented case of transmission of the HIV virus through oral sex. There are two or three in which there is not another known means of transmission, but the existence of three or so unconfirmed cases in 35 years shows that there is virtually no risk at all of getting an HIV infection from giving oral sex and taking semen in the mouth. If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't do it, but no confirmed cases in 35 years tells me there is virtually no risk whatsoever.

That said, I personally would hesitate to blow a guy who is known HIV+ without a condom. And other STDs are another story. But I have sucked dicks and swallowed cum from random guys met online, and I don't worry about it. All of them say they are disease free, and I take them at their word. If I was letting someone fuck my ass, I'd proceed much differently, but for oral sex, I am not worried. Just my opinion. I have no other risky behavior, but I do get tested regularly, just in case.